The Maryland Science Center (MSC) was built in the Inner Harbor in 1976, but grew from the Maryland Academy of Sciences formed in 1797. When the MSC opened in June 1976 it had both interactive exhibits and a state of the art planetarium. Since then there have been several additions made in 1986, 1987, and 2004. To the east (frame left) of the museum is Federal Hill Park.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 1 Role
Public institutions -- Museums -- Maryland Science Center; Cities and Towns -- Maryland -- Baltimore;
United States of America
Smolski, Chet, "Baltimore: Federal Hill, Museum of Science, Inner Harbor" (1978). Browse All. 411.
waterfront; aerial; harbor; land use; museum; Inner Harbor; Baltimore, Maryland; Maryland Science Center;