The Rhode Island State House seen from the Providence’s east side, likely Congdon St. It was constructed between 1895 and 1904 and has the fourth largest self supporting marble dome in the world.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 1 Role
Architecture -- Public architecture -- Rhode Island -- Providence; Architecture -- 19th century -- Renaissance Revival; Cities and Towns -- Capitals -- Rhode Island -- Providence;
United States of America
90 Smith St.
Smolski, Chet, "State House" (1978). Browse All. 298.
capital city; architecture, Renaissance revival; public architecture; Providence, RI;