Central Falls Mill Complex in 1971. Now titled The Central Falls Mill Historic District, the complex includes a collection of six mill buildings that display pre- to post- Civil War construction examples and a stone dam that impounds the Blackstone River. The earliest mill building was built in 1825 and the latest was built in 1910, but all have experienced modifications.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact email@example.com. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 1 Role
Urban renewal -- Rhode Island -- Pawtucket; Cities and towns – Growth -- Rhode Island -- Pawtucket;
67-71 Roosevelt Ave.
Smolski, Chester, "Central Falls Mill Historic District" (1971). Browse All. 148.
mill, Blackstone River, Pawtucket, development, aerial, industry, downtown industrial district, New England