Faneuil Hall in Boston was expanded in 1826 to include Quincy Market, which was designed in the Greek Revival Style and later named after Major Josiah Quincy. The market became run-down in by the mid-twentieth century. In 1976 it was revitalized by Jim Rouse, architect Benjamin Thompson, and major Kevin White, becoming a hub for shops, restaurants, and outdoor entertainment
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 2 Role
Creator 3 Role
Creator 4 Role
Markets -- Massachusetts -- Boston; Greek revival (Architecture); Interior architecture -- Massachusetts -- Boston
Smolski, Chester; Rouse, Jim; Thompson, Benjamin; and White, Kevin, "Quincy Market" (1980). Browse All. 1086.
market, marketplace development, Boston, MA, shops;