The Levittown Shop-a-Rama, was a pedestrian shopping mall, planned and developed by Levitt and Sons, a real estate development agency responsible for building the heterogeneous towns and communities of Levittown, New York and Levittown, Pennsylvania, as well as various other real estate and community projects. The shopping mall opened on October 15th, 1953, and was at that time the largest pedestrian shopping mall east of the Mississippi.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 1 Role
Creator 2 Dates
Creator 2 Role
Suburbs -- Pennsylvania -- Levittown; Shopping centers -- Pennsylvania -- Levittown; Plazas -- Pennsylvania -- Levittown; Storefronts
Smolski, Chester and Levitt, William, "Levittown Shop-a-Rama" (1970). Browse All. 1054.
malls, suburbs, new town, new towns