An aerial shot overlooking the Rhode Island College campus on Mount Pleasant Avenue in North Providence as well as its surroundings, such as the Triggs Memorial Golf Course and Pleasant View School. The college campus moved to this particular spot in 1958, after occupying a space on Capitol Hill from 1898 to 1958. The Rhode Island College campus began as a group of eight buildings. The architects of this complex were Howe, Prout & Ekman, who deployed a Modernist design, and thus introduced the first Modernist campus to Rhode Island.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact email@example.com. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 2 Role
Aerial views -- Rhode Island College (Providence, RI); Urban universities and colleges -- Rhode Island; Urbanization -- Providence -- Rhode Island; Urban Geography
600 Mount Pleasant Ave
Smolski, Chester and Howe, Prout & Ekman, "Rhode Island College (aerial)" (1976). Browse All. 986.
Providence, RI, college, campus, schools, aerial