Pictured is the entrance to historic Tin City, named for its distinguishable tin roofed buildings. Ever since the 1880s, this area of waterfront has attracted many tourists. In earlier times, access to this area was rather difficult; passengers has to disembark at Back Bay. In 1887, Walter N. Haldeman wanted to make this area more accessible, so he and a team built a 600 foot pier into the Gulf of Mexico.
In more recent years, Tin City includes more than 30 shops, 2 waterfront restaurants, and access to the water for the general public.
Creator 1 Role
Waterfronts -- Florida -- South Naples; Shopping centers -- Stores, Retail -- Florida -- South Naples; Tin City (South Naples, Fla.); Restaurants -- Florida -- South Naples;
United States of America
1200 5th Avenue
Smolski, Chet, "Florida: Tin City in South Naples" (1978). Browse All. 834.
Tin City, South Naples, waterfront, tourism, retail, shops, restaurants