Originating in 1890, Hyman’s Wholesale Co. was established by W.M. Karesh, a Jewish immigrant. The company has been passed down from generation to generation and is now known as Hyman’s Seafood and Aaron’s Deli. In the year of 1986, the Omni hotel was built in close quarters to this building and the city ordered the company to give up the back 280 feet of the property in order to put a parking garage in its place.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact email@example.com. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 1 Role
Hyman’s Wholesale Co. (Charleston, S.C.); Charleston (S.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.;
United States of America
215 Meeting St
Smolski, Chet, "Charleston: Hyman’s Wholesale Co. Parking Garage" (1978). Browse All. 788.
Hyman’s Wholesale Co., Charleston, South Carolina, businesses, parking garages