The Commando Memorial, a monument in Scotland, is dedicated to the British Commando Forces of World War II who trained in Scottland. A competition was held for the design, and the winner was Scott Sutherland. It is inscribed with the year 1951, but it was unveiled in 1952 by the Queen Mother. The location, just north of Spean Bridge, was chosen because it was en route from the train station to the Commando training ground. It has become a popular destination for visitors and tourists.
Creator 1 Role
Creator 2 Role
Memorials -- War Memorials -- Scotland -- Lochaber;
Smolski, Chet and Sutherland, Scott, "Scotland: Commando Memorial" (1968). Browse All. 541.
memorials, public architecture