The University of Wisconsin, Madison Campus situated along Lake Mendota. The Madison Campus is the oldest and largest in the University of Wisconsin system, established in 1849. Notable architectural landmarks on the campus include the Science Hall built in 1888, the second building in the country to use steel-beam construction. The North Hall (circa 1851) and the Red Gym (circa 1894) are registered National Historic Landmarks along with UW’s Science Hall.
Creator 1 Role
Land use -- Aerial photography in land use; Cities and towns -- Wisconsin -- Madison; Architecture -- Wisconsin -- Madison;
United States of America
Smolski, Chet, "University of Wisconsin, Madison Campus" (1964). Browse All. 400.
architecture; University of Wisconsin; Madison, Wisconsin; campus;