Faneuil Hall, gifted to the city by merchant Peter Faneuil, has existed since 1742 as a market and historically political oratory space, used for meetings and speeches by Boston Tea Party revolutionaries to later abolitionists like Frederic Douglas and the Massachusetts Anti-Slavery Society. The building features Georgian architecture and was restored in the 1970-1980s by public/private cooperation as the cutting of state funding affected other ability to urban revitalization.
Creator 1 Role
Creator 2 Dates
Historic buildings -- Massachusetts -- Boston; Architecture -- Monuments -- Statues; Architecture -- Massachusetts -- Boston; Architecture, Georgian; Markets -- Massachusetts -- Boston
Smolski, Chester and Peter Faneuil, "Faneuil Hall" (1972). Browse All. 338.
Faneuil Hall; Boston, Massachusetts; historic buildings; Samuel Adams; statues;