Arcade about 1850 Westminister St. Facade
The Arcade is a 3-story, stucco rubble Greek Revival structure that provides both a covered walkway, and a commercial center in between Weybosset and Westminster streets in downtown Providence. The building began construction in 1827, and was completed in 1828 under original owners Cyrus Butler and the Arcade Corporation. The designs for the structure by architects Russell Warren and James Bucklin are a fine example of the Greek Revival style, which uncompromisingly implemented a modern interior plan.