Slide Title

Union Station

Photographer/Creator

Stone, Carpenter & Willson

Preview

image preview

Date

Fall 11-1978

Description

Union Station was completed in 1898 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. During renovation, on April 26, 1987, a fire broke out, eliminating most of the original interior.

Notes

http://www.artinruins.com/arch/?id=stillinuse&pr=unionstation#top1

Woodward, PPS/AlAri Guide to Providence Architecture (Providence, 2003), 104;

Jordy, Buildings of Rhode Island (Oxford, 2004), 39.

Rights

This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact digitalcommons@ric.edu. All uses must include appropriate attribution.

Creator 2 Role

Designer

Recommended Citation

Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, MSS-0041, Special Collections, James P. Adams Library, Rhode Island College.

Keywords

Union Station; train station;

Share

COinS