Downtown Pawtucket seen from the perspective of 23 Pleasant Street. Rising above downtown are (right to left) Pawtucket City Hall, Slater Mill, the Pawtucket Armory, and the Pawtucket Congregational Church (1867-1868). The “Apex Mall,” as it is sometimes referred, was completed in 1969. The construction of the department store was part of a larger downtown renewal effort that ultimately failed.
This object from the Chester E. Smolski photographic slides and publications, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates are the intellectual property of Rhode Island College. This digital object is protected by copyright and/or related rights. The digital material presented here is licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This content can be used, shared, or adapted for educational and scholarly purposes. For permissions to use this item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
Creator 1 Role
Urban renewal -- Rhode Island -- Pawtucket; Pawtucket streets -- Rhode Island -- Pawtucket;
Smolski, Chester, "Pawtucket: Downtown" (1971). Browse All. 151.
Pawtucket; downtown; Apex; City Hall; Blackstone River;