Download Full Text (11.6 MB)
The article features a brief summary of The Echo through history from its beginnings as "L'Eco Del Rhode Island" in 1897 to its incantation of the time as "The Echo" from 1973. The article explores logistical history of the newspaper's printing and ownership as well as services and interactions with the community it had throughout those years.
This object from the Joseph Muratore Collection, housed by the Rhode Island College Special Collections, and any of its digital surrogates may be protected by copyright. The copyright status and/or the copyright owner of this object is unknown or undetermined. This content must be used in accordance with United States copyright law, which may require you to obtain permissions. Use of these materials for research and educational purposes may be covered by Fair Use. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. All uses must include appropriate attribution.
To appreciate the present Echo, we must understand what transpired to arrive at the present, voluminous, expressive voice of our community.
Muratore, Joseph R. "The Landmarks of Federal Hill: History of 'The Echo.'" The Echo [Providence] 29 Nov. 1979: pp. 18-19. Print.
Advertising and Promotion Management Commons, Civic and Community Engagement Commons, Entrepreneurial and Small Business Operations Commons, Historic Preservation and Conservation Commons, Other Italian Language and Literature Commons, Urban Studies and Planning Commons, Work, Economy and Organizations Commons