Designed in 1922 by Yehuda Magidovitch, the Great Synagogue in Tel Aviv is located east if the Shalom Tower. The building is made of concrete, glass and steel and consists of one large dome and many stained glass windows. These magnificent windows were designed to mirror the destroyed synagogues in Europe during the Holocaust. The synagogue is currently active and is home to many of the city’s Orthodox Jews.
Creator 1 Role
Creator 2 Dates
Creator 2 Role
Tel Aviv, Israel -- Buildings, structures, etc.; Synagogue architecture -- Israel -- Tel Aviv;
Smolski, Chet and Magidovitch, Yehuda, "Tel Aviv: Great Synagogue on Allenby Road" (1980). Smolski Images. 634.