Slide ID

CV-80-150

_pkUnique ID

CV80150

Slide Date

1980

Preview

image preview

Island

São Nicolau

Province or Jurisdiction

São Nicolau

City / Village

Villa da Ribeira Brava

Date

1980

Description

This building was a seminary that provided high quality education for the country, attracting the brightest students and making Cape Verde a center for evangelism in Portuguese West Africa. The building was donated in 1866 by Júlio José Dias and was permanently closed in 1931.

Keywords

education; seminary; school;

Notes

Irwin, Aisling and Wilson, Colum. Cape Verde Islands: The Bradt Travel Guide. (Guilford, 2001). pp. 240-1

Copyright

Rhode Island College

Box

1

Folder

2

Image Dimensions

3527x5253

Software

VueScan

Date Time Scanned

11-8-2010 12:00 AM

Color Space

RGB

File Size

3.9 MB

Document Type

Image

Keywords

education; seminary; school;

Share

COinS